Monday, August 4, 2008

We're Home

So we're home from Africa and I don't know where to begin. The trip was sooo exciting and yet so overwhelming (speaking for both of us) as we get home and begin to process what we've experienced. Our team was so great and I miss them all every time I think about the trip. Can you believe 30 people and not one argument or drama? That's a God thing in itself. I know we made some life long friendships. And I can not say enough about the people of Swaziland. They are so open and hungry for love, real love, Christ's love. I experienced so many emotions on this trip, and afterward, with the constant question going through my head of whether or not we may move to Africa in the future. God showed me I really just had to take it one day at a time and focus on the moment that God was giving us and the people He was having us encounter at that very time. I had to make this trip about others and not about myself. Isn't it amazing we can somehow make everything about ourselves? As we get back into the routine of our life, there is one thing I can walk away from this with for sure-- I just want to be closer to my father in heaven. I want to love people the way He loves people and I want to give of myself the way He gave His son. I want Him to teach me and my prayer is that He lead and guide us in all we do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...

Trip sounds awesome. Sounds like God has great things planned for you guys.