Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's Been a While

So, its been a while since our last blog, and much has happened since then, but I am feeling compelled to share. Not just share about us, but about the people around us and ultimately about God's faithfulness in all of our lives. Kevin and I are now working with the children at the Baton Rouge Dream Center, ages 6-11. When I think about how this came about, I can only credit the hand of God in our lives. I remember at a volunteer meeting, about a year ago, one of the leaders saying to let her know if we wanted to work in a different area than where we were currently serving. I was greeting at the time, and although I was fine with it, I had a hunger to work with the children. So I let her know, and the first weekend I went back with the children, I went with the intentions of hangin' out, and lovin' on some kids... that's it. But, God had more planned for me...and Kevin. Does He not always exceed our expectations? Before I knew it, I was sitting in Mrs. Sherri's office (Lead Children's Pastor), being told she had been praying about this, and leading this children's ministry was something she believed was for Kevin and I to do! I still can't believe how blessed we are to have this opportunity of investing in the lives of this next generation. It is daunting, trying to make a difference in the lives of children who have probably faced more adversity in their few years hear on Earth than I have faced in my 29 years, not to mention the constant nag of not feeling adequate enough for the job. But then who is? And if we were adequate enough for the job, where does that leave God's place? This job is ALL about faith. I have to trust that God has placed us here according to his will. Not only is God leading, guiding, and teaching us, but seeds are being planted in these young lives, and His purposes ultimately reign. So, I want to share what God is doing in the lives of the children. I will try to post weekly, although I have not been great at this in the past. As you read and hear the stories of the children, please keep them in your prayers...they need to be surrounded with all of our prayers.

No comments: